Sometimes I get inspired. Most of the time it’s fleeing inspiration that leaves after a few minutes, never to be seen again. However at my ripe old age of 21, I’ve learned that it’s best I probably act on some of it before it’s too late/my body goes to shit. To combat this I’ve taken the time to jot down 50 things I should probably get done by this time next year. While I could possibly get through the entire list within the allotted timeframe, it’s highly likely I will forget about this list until late October 2014. Aim high and shoot low, everyone.
- Learn to say goodbye, pack up, and get the hell out of Boston.
- Say “yes” to life and “no” to carbs.
- Eye contact.
- Find a paid internship or entry level position in one of my concentrations OR
find a new job.
- Get 3 pieces of writing (whatever that may entail) published.
- Resist alcohol for an entire month. This isn’t just for health purposes but to see if I can function socially without some liquid courage.
- Take a vacation that either lasts longer than one night (Martha’s Vineyard does not count) or requires me to fly on a plane.
- Get shamelessly hit on and enjoy every minute of it. (This isn’t hard. Rob Ford could hit on me and my ego would go through the roof.)
- Cross off everything on my “Places to go in Boston” sub-list.
- Eat out less, and learn to bake, cook, or some other form of acquiring nutrients that doesn’t involve a cash transaction. Read More